Mad Science also has expectations of the parents whose children are enrolled in our programs. Only children with a sincere interest in our programs and the necessary maturity to handle this environment and these learning activities should participate.
An approved guardian must pick up children promptly at the stated dismissal time.
By enrolling your child in any Mad Science program you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• A Mad Science program can refer to any or all of the following: after-school programs whether administered by Mad Science, your child’s school or a third party provider of children’s activities; in-class workshops whether for school-aged or pre-school students; scout workshops; camps; school holiday mini-camps; shows, assemblies or other entertainment events; or birthday parties.
• You are the parent or legal guardian of the enrolled child and have full legal authority on behalf of said child.
• You certify that your child is physically able to participate in all Mad Science activities.
• You understand that failure to abide by the policies and guidelines as outlined by your child’s instructor may result in the revocation of your child’s enrollment. Further, you understand that damage to equipment and/or the facility due to reckless acts and/or deliberate indifference by your child will be your financial responsibility.
• You agree that Mad Science of the Maritimes assumes no responsibility for injuries or losses caused by situations or inappropriate behaviour beyond their control.
• You agree that Mad Science of the Maritimes is not responsible for stains, spills and other damage to student clothing that occur during the normal course of a Mad Science program. Science can be messy sometimes, and students should be dressed accordingly.
• In the event that you cannot be contacted, you fully authorize Mad Science of the Maritimes and its employees and/or representatives andany medical personnel, hospital and/or physician to give medical attention to your child.
• You release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Mad Science Group (a division of 2946033 Canada Inc.), Mad Science of the Maritimes, its principals, officers, employees, agents and representatives, from any and all claims of any nature for injury or loss that may result from such participation, preparation for such participation or spectatorship of any and all Mad Science programs, its activities andpreparations.
SCHOOL PROGRAM PAYMENT:
Enrollment fees are due at registration and must be paid in full prior to the first class. Unpaid enrollments may result in your registration being cancelled. Discover, Mastercard or VISA payments can be made through the Mad Science Online Registration System or by calling the Mad Science office at 902-454-0863 in Nova Scotia and 506-962-8558 in New Brunswick. Check payments can be mailed to Mad Science, 3537 Leaman Street, Halifax, NS, B3K 3Z6 in NS and to Mad Science, 15 Welland Street, Riverview, NB, E1B 4L9 in NB.
Any refund that is requested is subject to a $25 processing fee and will be prorated. There will be no refunds issued after the 3rd session of any program.
Mad Science reserves the right to cancel any program that does not meet the minimum enrollment. If your child’s program is cancelled you will be offered a spot in an alternate program or a full refund. Mad Science will attempt to give you fair warning so that you may make other arrangements in the cases where an alternate program is not suitable.
At Mad Science we know that your privacy is important to you. It’s important to us, too. We take privacy very seriously, and we work hard to respect and protect you and your child's privacy.
Mad Science does not share email addresses or any other personal information with third parties interested in contacting you or collecting information about you. Furthermore, we DO NOT sell, rent, give or trade personal information we collect from online, phone or paper registrations.
We use state-of-the-art Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard and protect your personal information andtransactions over the Internet. Your information, including your credit card information, is encrypted and cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
On occasion, Mad Science staff may take photos of participants in our programs, classes, camps and events. Unless we have your written permission to use a photograph of your child, we will only use images in which your child's face is not visible. If you have any concerns regarding this, please notify the Mad Science office.
RETURN CHECK FEE:
Checks returned by the bank to Mad Science are subject to a $10 fee in addition to the returned check amount; the enrollment will be considered unpaid until both the enrollment fee and the returned check fee have been paid.
INCLEMENT WEATHER/CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:
Mad Science will follow the inclement weather and school closure policy of the school district or host organization in which we are instructing. If the school is closed or dismisses early due to weather or other unscheduled circumstances, Mad Science class will not be held that day. Mad Science will reschedule class cancellations by adding an extra week on at the very end of the session (on the same day and same time as prior classes). For enrollments made through organizations other than directly with Mad Science, please contact the host organization for its refund policy.
We take the safety and security of your child very seriously. Mad Science conducts criminal background checks for anyone authorized by Mad Science to be in contact with your child for the duration of an ASP/Camp.
CAMP REFUND POLICY:
For Mad Science camps where registration and payment take place through our website at www.MadScience.org/maritimes, the refund policy shall be:
o Cancellations by you that occur greater than 30 days prior to the start of the camp will be subject to a $25 service charge.
o Cancellations by you requested between 8 and 30 days prior to the start of the camp will be subject to a $50 service charge.
o No refunds will be given for cancellations by you less than 8 days prior to the start of the camp.
o At any time prior to the start of a camp, you may transfer your registration to another child with no service charge.
CAMP DISMISSAL POLICY:
An approved guardian must pick up your child promptly at the stated dismissal time of camp. Mad Science reserves the right to charge a late pickup fee of $10.00 per 15 minute period beginning 10 minutes after the stated end time of camp. This fee must be paid directly to the Mad Scientist who has supervised your child. Your child cannot return to camp until this fee is paid. A second late pickup will result in your child being removed from camp.
CAMP INCLEMENT WEATHER/CANCELLATION POLICY:
Mad Science will follow the inclement weather and closure policy of the local government authority, school district or host organization in which we are instructing. In the case of inclement weather, please contact our office to see if your Mad Science camp will be running.
Mad Science will attempt to reschedule weather-related camp cancellations or other events beyond our control or planning, but we can give no guarantee.