This is a one-year renewable contract, 30 hours per week.
The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting educational and entertaining science presentations before groups of children (ie. making slime, launching rockets, releasing colourful towers of foam twenty feet in the air)
• Conducting recruitment efforts; conducting interviews and reference checks; writing and placing job advertisements
• Managing employee files
• Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed
• Supporting positive employee relations through promoting sound policies and procedures
• Administration of compensation and benefits
• Clerical work
• Bachelor's degree and some experience working with children.
• Strong administrative computer skills required (MS Office Suite, Google Drive)
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fluctuating work environment
• Tact, diplomacy, mature judgment along with creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skill
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel throughout the province
• Current and Valid Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check
• Bilingualism (French) and a science background are not required but will be considered an asset
This position starts at $14/hour.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com no later than July 3, 2015.
We are currently hiring for multiple positions: Mad Scientist & Presentation Support Leader, Mad Scientist & Programming Coordinator. If you wish to apply for these other positions, you need only apply once—clearly state all positions for which you are applying within your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.