Mad Science is the world’s leading science enrichment provider. Mad Science of the Maritimes offers science-themed parties, special events, workshops, and summer camps as well as at-lunch and after-school programs in more than a hundred elementary schools across New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. We are currently recruiting for the position of Mad Scientist & Programming Coordinator for our Halifax location.
This is a one-year renewable contract, 30-35 hours per week.
The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting educational and entertaining science presentations before groups of children (ie. making slime, launching rockets, releasing colourful towers of foam twenty feet in the air)
• Corresponding with school principals and teachers to set up and coordinate programs
• Scheduling and coordinating lessons and instructors in as many as eighty weekly classes in dozens of schools
• Recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of services performed
• Devising and implementing marketing strategies
• Clerical work
• Bachelor's degree and some experience working with children
• Strong administrative computer skills required (MS Office Suite, Google Drive)
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fluctuating work environment
• Tact, diplomacy, mature judgment along with creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skill
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel throughout the province
• Current and Valid Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check
• Bilingualism (French), marketing experience and a science background are not required but will be considered an asset
This position starts at $18/hour with comprehensive benefits package after the first six months.
Please send resumes and cover letters as a single document to email@example.com no later than July 3, 2015.
We are currently hiring for multiple positions: Mad Scientist & Presentation Support Leader, Mad Scientist & Human Resources Coordinator. If you wish to apply for these other positions, you need only apply once—clearly state all positions for which you are applying within your cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.