This is a one-year renewable contract, 30 hours per week.
The primary duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting educational and entertaining science presentations in both English and French before groups of children (ie. making slime, launching rockets, releasing colourful towers of foam twenty feet in the air)
• Conducting inventory analysis
• Ordering and purchasing of science equipment
• Preparing weekly science kits for Mad Science instructors/animators
• Clerical work
• Bachelor's degree and some experience working with children
• Strong administrative computer skills required (MS Office Suite, Google Drive)
• Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fluctuating work environment
• Tact, diplomacy, mature judgment along with creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skill
• Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle necessary for daily work related duties and ability to travel throughout the province
• Current and Valid Child Abuse Registry Check, Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Check
• Bilingualism (French) is a requirement
This position starts at $14/hour.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.